LAYING THE FOUNDATIONS OF OUR MINISTRY
Beliefs | Mission | Vision | Values
OUR BASIC BELIEFS
We are a Christ-Centered Covenant Community
• Jesus Christ is our Lord and we exist to serve him.
• God loves everyone and everything he has created, and sent Jesus to redeem us and our fallen world.
• God is constantly calling everyone to grow into a deeper relationship with him through prayer, worship and service.
• The Holy Spirit calls us together into Covenant Community to share Christ’s mission and ministry.
To help people discover and fulfill their calling in Christ by:
• Reaching out to all, seeking to minister to their needs in Jesus’ name.
• Introducing people to Jesus and inviting them to follow him.
• Preparing Jesus’ followers for their ministry and encouraging them to grow in their devotion to the Lord.
• Sending Jesus’ followers to minister in the world and supporting them as they serve.
To become a dynamic community of deeply committed Christians where Jesus Christ is encountered and lives are transformed.
OUR CORE VALUES
We seek to answer Jesus’ call to discipleship, guided by the following principles:
• Prayerful Service
o Prayer is the foundation on which our ministry is built.
o Worship is the center of our life together
o We seek to engage all people in service to Christ based upon prayerful discernment of their Spiritual Gifts and God’s calling.
• Compassionate Outreach
o We will seek to respond to all human need with the love of Jesus Christ.
o Church membership is a response to Christ’s call to self-giving service.
o We welcome, care for and show respect for all people.
o Our mission field has no boundaries.
• Personal Growth and Commitment
o Church membership is based on a deep personal commitment to live for Jesus through a sacred covenant that is to be constantly reaffirmed and formally renewed on an annual basis.
o In renewing their covenant with the Lord and this church, each member will be expected to develop a personal spiritual growth plan which includes cultivating a more vital personal relationship with God, growing together with others in community, and expanding one’s mission and service.
• Faithful Stewardship
o We trust God to provide abundantly in meeting all of our needs.
o We respond to God’s abundant provision by generously giving our time, talents and wealth.
o We seek to use the material and spiritual gifts that God has entrusted to us to God’s glory.
• Team Ministry
o We work together in teams to accomplish God’s work.
o We encourage all to discover their calling to ministry and to invite others to join them in their work.
o Team members mentor, support and encourage each other and hold each other accountable.